A large financial service provider in South Africa had a need for deep procurement subject matter expertise in the marketing, human resources, and IT as part of the company’s cost reduction program. The company also had a requirement for more accurate and complete B-BBEE reporting including consolidation of multiple B-BBEE reports across numerous business units. The company did not have the internal subject matter expertise, not the project management capability to deliver the project.
A large financial services provider in South Africa
Caliba was engaged over a 9-month period to manage the project, which included:
- Development of spend category strategies for Marketing, HR and IT.
- Engagement with executive management and steering committees, to present the strategies for approval.
- Pre-qualify Tenderers and lead multiple complex tenders.
- Negotiate with Tenderers to achieve the desired outcome.
- Develop the services contracts for signing.
Caliba delivered the following outcome:
- Multiple category strategies that were well received by business and approved.
- Cost saving targets achieved across all categories in scope, especially in IT.
- Improved the awareness of Procurement in the business, showcasing the value-add Procurement could offer.
- Business engagement significantly improved.
- Contracts in place cover all spend in scope.