The client had two Procurement Support Systems (Catalogue Management and Contract Management) which were not meeting the requirements of the procurement function within the state health service and the incumbent supplier were either not providing sufficient support or had informed the state health service that the product was approaching end of life.
Australian Public Health Service – Whole of State
- Conducted internal and external interviews and workshops with key stakeholders, system super users and incumbent suppliers to understand existing problems
- Analysis of current supplier contracts and contract management issues
- Validation of future ICT system functional requirements with the procurement function
- Market analysis and supplier engagement to understand conditions, trends, dynamics and cost structures
- Delivery of a full day vendor workshop with the client and an incumbent supplier to validate whether sole-sourcing would be feasible in alignment with an internal governance requirement
- Development and endorsement of business request submissions in alignment with internal governance requirements to replace ICT systems
- Development of a functional specification to form part of tender specifications for going to market
- Development of an options analysis for both procurement support systems based on market engagement
- Development of outline business cases for required governance approvals and project funding
Caliba Group are procurement and commercial specialists, with vast experience in data analysis, opportunity identification and savings realisation (Caliba client base includes multinationals, niche firms, and government agencies). We are therefore well positioned to assist any size company looking to identify savings opportunity across their supply chain and goods & services procurement.