A global mining company was centralising its category management function in Australia to Brisbane, and required an experienced team to support this transition, and perform business as usual category management duties. The company did not have this experienced transition team in-house.
To be the Category Management Transition Team, which included:
- Ensuring continuity of category management service to the business.
- Manage a program of sourcing projects and developing new contracts across multiple business units.
- Maintaining the savings tracking for the spend under the scope of the Transition Team.
- Mentor the category management team.
Caliba delivered the following outcome for the client:
- The smooth transition of the category management function from interstate to Brisbane.
- Delivered savings from sourcing activities to achieve targets.
- New supply and services contracts in place across the business units.
- Satisfied key stakeholders within the business during the transition period.