A national freight provider had a requirement to tender its group fuel and lubricants requirements and to test various fuel supply chain options for its national truck fleet. The company did not have the in-house expertise to manage a such a complex sourcing project to test multiple supply options.
To manage the strategic sourcing project, which included:
- Define all forecast fuels and lubricants requirements for the national fleet.
- Market assessment to identify the fuel supply chain options for tendering purposes.
- Tender the requirements and test the supply chain option total costs.
- Manage the evaluations, shortlisting, and negotiations process.
- Awarding and developing supply contracts.
Caliba delivered the following outcome for the client:
- In excess of a 15% reduction in lubricants costs.
- A new supply chain solution including the client owning its mobile bulk full outlets.
- Eliminate the need for fuel cards with fleet diverted to client-owned bulk storage.
- A 5% reduction in total fuel costs for the national fleet.
- All spend under long-term contracts, with pricing formulas, and supplier service level requirements.