A large fishing and food processing company in South Africa had a requirement to review their current Insurance Program to achieve the to ensure adequate coverage of risk and to achieve cost savings. The company did not have the internal capability to manage the complex project.
Caliba was engaged to lead the tender process, which included:
- Determining requirements through stakeholder interviews.
- Developing the tender documentation.
- Managing the tender process and answering Tenderer questions.
- Evaluating, shortlisting and leading the negotiations meetings with Tenderers.
- Developing the services contract for insurance broking, risk management and ancillary advise and support services.
Caliba delivered the following outcome:
- Opportunity to align the phasing of insurance.
- A better understanding of insurance markets.
- Better serviceability.
- A better understanding of the Clients insurance program.
- Unlocked application of innovation going forward.
- Additional cover, at no extra cost.
- Broker fee cost savings
- Insurance program cost savings