A large Queensland Bank recognised that its procurement function was not performing to industry standards, so initiated a procurement transformation project. The Bank did not have the in-house capability or capacity to manage the procurement transformation.
Managed the full Procurement Transformation project, including:
- Review the current situation and compare to industry ‘best practice’.
- Complete stakeholder sessions across the business to define business needs, current issues, and areas of ‘best practice’.
- Develop a new procurement structure, teams, processes, and technology to suit the business culture and achieve the client’s business objectives.
- Manage the internal approvals process, and the transitioning to the new procurement model.
Caliba delivered the following outcome for the client:
- A new sourcing and category management organisation structure to better deliver value for the organisation.
- Clear position descriptions for all procurement staff with RACI charts for all major tasks.
- A new category management framework put in place for managing strategic spend.
- A new Supplier Relationship Management framework to better manage strategic suppliers.