An open cut coal mine in the Bowen Basin had an objective to improve OTR tyre life on site to drive down costs, reduce exposure to OTR tyre shortages, and improve site productivity. The current tyre life was below industry benchmarks and the site did not have the capacity to manage a structured sourcing process for a tyre management service provider.
Strategic Sourcing of Tyre Management Services:
- Defining requirements.
- Developing a tender strategy.
- Managing tender & negotiations.
- Developing supply contracts.
- Contract implementation.
Caliba was engaged to manage the sourcing project and delivered the following result:
- 20% Guaranteed tyre life improvements in the first year of the services contract.
- Complete tyre service scope under the client’s terms & conditions of the contract.
- Competitive market rates for the service.
- Access to leading technology to improve the efficiency of the tyre management service.