Internship programs are an integral part of work life for both interns and the organisations they work for. Our interns are welcomed into an environment surrounded by industry specialists and professionals with years of experience and knowledge to ensure that their learning is maximised. Interns are required to work on real projects with clients across a wide range of sectors to help them deliver on their strategic goals. From spend analytics to sourcing and tender management, every day is different and dynamic.
Our intern Ethan has had the pleasure to work with several Partners of the firm and industry specialists in the mining sector. “I’ve really enjoyed working with complete professionals and seeing what it’s really like to be a consultant and deliver on a project”. Whereas Maclin, another intern at Caliba has had time to collaborate with our Senior Consultant James Doyle and has found his experience to be “extremely practical and rewarding”.
What does a typical day look like?
To start the day, the team enjoys a morning coffee at the local café before taking action. You’ll be assigned a task within a project and have the assistance of a professional working beside you. Specific tasks may include:
- Market/Industry Assessments
- Financial Analysis
- Contract Management
- Category Planning
- Tender Management
Interns will then learn, collaborate and apply their efforts to projects to help achieve desired results.
The Aim and Purpose of the Program is to:
- Provides opportunities to individuals seeking meaningful experience that is valuable, practical and realistic. This way, our interns can develop and strengthen their skills to apply across a multitude of industries.
- Exposes interns in a variety of procurement activities in order to create a diverse range of valuable skills.
- Gain insight to daily operations and a real-life office environment. Interns are included in operational activities such as client and business meetings to gather understanding of what life is like as a consultant.
- Form a platform for future career opportunities and growth.
Caliba is dedicated and committed to ensure a valuable experience that provides a comprehensive insight into the world of procurement and performance improvement. Our interns are driven, are aligned to the company’s core values, and are keen to contribute to real client solutions.