Felix is a Principal at Caliba and leads our Healthcare services delivery, managing multiple cost reduction project teams and relationships with our client executives.
Felix has over 10-years of Global experience in managing and leading large-scale projects across the Asia Pacific region through operational change programs in Healthcare, Logistics, IT, Resources and Warehousing.
Most recently, Felix was involved in one of Australia’s largest turnaround Health projects where he led a team to run the procurement cost reduction initiative that successfully delivered $8.9M in savings p.a over a span of 24 months.
Prior to joining Caliba, Felix spearheaded the “Surgical Re-invention Project” at one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary hospitals where he and his team re-defined the overall patient flow through the surgical pathway.
During his time on the project, he was responsible for delivering the following project successes:
- Achieved a total cost saving for the District Health Board (DHB) of $25M within 18-months.
- Successfully implemented a fully functional Operations Centre within the Surgical Division
- Lead the acute service team to increase patient throughput by 25%
- Reduce patient length of stay (LOS) by an average of 2 days
- Lead the ED team to increase the DHB’s Ministry of Health (MOH) 6hr target attainment from 70% to 82%.
Felix has a Bachelor of Business degree majoring in Banking and Finance from Queensland University of Technology (QUT), with An Extended Major in Accountancy. He also holds certifications in Prince 2 Agile and in Lean Six Sigma.